SPORTS OFFICIALS INSURANCE
Exclusive Coverage for ASA Registered Umpires
As an ASA Registered Umpire, you receive many benefits of membership, including liability and accident insurance to cover you when you are performing your duties as an ASA umpire.
Many ASA umpires also officiate other sports, where insurance may not be provided or may be very expensive.
As a benefit of ASA membership, ASA Umpire Associations can purchase liability and accident insurance at a very reasonable cost to protect their umpires when officiating other sports.
The ASA has arranged through RPS Bollinger and Markel Insurance Company to offer this insurance package exclusively to ASA umpires for just $25 per
This offer is only available to currently registered ASA Umpires and must be purchased through your state, metro or local ASA Umpire Association
|Excess Accident Benefit
|Deductible per claim
|Accidental Death Benefit
|Limit per occurrence
|Includes participant legal liability
Game Fee Reimbursement
Umpires who purchase this plan will also be covered for game fee reimbursement if they are injured while officiating and seek medical attention within 60 days from the
date of injury.
|Lost officiating or umpire game fees
||Up to $200 per week
|Reimbursement per policy term
||Up to $2,500 maximum
||$25 per year per official
|Covers any sport your umpires officiate
- ASA Umpire Associations can purchase accident & liability coverage for their umpires officiating other sports
- This plan is only available to currently registered ASA umpires
- Coverage must be purchased by ASA Umpire Associations. This plan is not available to individual umpires
- Requires a minimum of ten umpires (or a $250 minimum premium will apply)
- Common policy year of January 1 to January 1
- Does not cover non-ASA softball
- California ASA umpires will also be covered for SCMAF softball officiating
- ADDED COVERAGE: Umpires who purchase this plan will also be covered for game fee reimbursement for injuries incurred while umpiring ASA games
- Premium: $25 per year per official for the full Accident, Liability, and Game Fee Reimbursement protection